Currently a programme of social partnership between the Works and Yenakiieve town is being implemented, within the scope of which Yenakiieve Steel supports various social activities in the town. Worth mentioning that PJSC Yenakiieve Steel is the only enterprise in the town that invests into town social sphere and plans to proceed with it.
In 2008 a protocol of intentions has been signed between PJSC Yenakiieve Steel and Yenakiieve Iron and Steel technical school, as well as between PJSC Yenakiieve Steel and Municipal Medical and Preventative Institution “Yenakiieve Municipal Hospital No.2”. Within the framework of collaboration, in 2008 Yenakiieve Steel allocated over half-million UAH for the repair of the Municipal Hospital No.2 unique medical equipment: ultrasonic device “Acuson” meant for blood vessels and heart examination, computer tomography CТ-MAX-640 and unique x-ray unit “Prestilix”. In 2009 Yenakiieve Steel purchased 2 autoclaves in the amount of UAH 110 K for the hospital.
Yenakiieve Steel keeps a long-standing cooperation with the municipal institution of Ukrainian Red Cross (URC). Yearly fees from metallurgists to the URC fund make up more than 50% of the city donation sum. Furthermore, Yenakiieve Steel takes part in the URC charitable projects. The PJSC Yenakiieve Steel working staff is honoured with certificates of appreciation by the Ukrainian Red Cross National Committee Presidium for effective cooperation with URC municipal institution and its charitable activity support. Yenakiieve Steel became the first industrial enterprise in Donetsk region which was granted with high awards by the international organisation.
PJSC Yenakiieve Steel Makiivka Branch is located at the territory of Makiivka city and takes part in addressing all its issues as a socially responsible enterprise.
In 2010 the enterprise has:
- funded the repair of collector for Gruzskaya river flood water discharge (UAH 625 K);
- carried out the works on municipal roads improvement in the amount of UAH 40 K;
- handed over the inventory holdings without compensation to Health care institutions in the amount of UAH 8 K;
- rendered a financial help (set forth in the Collective Agreement) to former workers in the amount of UAH 27 K;
- rendered a financial help to religions communities in the amount of UAH 113 K;
- provided support to government and law enforcement bodies in the amount of UAH 144 K;
- rendered help to individuals, to sightless community, city disabled persons association etc.
The Palace of Culture halls are free of charge for city and region charitable and cultural activities holding. Yearly “Ringing of church bells in spring” performance with participation of regional choir groups, regional festivals of ballroom dancing are held, in 2010 a competition “Makiivka spring” and on 28th of April 2011 a municipal “Birds’ Holiday” took place in the building of Culture Palace.